Øster Farimagsgade 5, Bygning 26, 1353 København K, 26, Building: 26.2.00
Harvard University, 1994 - 1998
- Ph.D. in Economics
London School of Economics, 1992 - 1993
- Master of Science in Advanced Mathematical Economics and Econometric with Distinction
University of Conpenhagen, Denmark, 1987 - 1990 and 1993 - 1994
- Ph.D. student in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, June 1990
- Niels Bohr Professor, Department of Economics, University of Copenhagen, from January 1st 2017 to December 31st 2021.
- Andre and Roslie Hofmann Charired Professor of Family Enterprise and Professor in Economics, INSEAD. August 2009 to present.
- Professor in Economics, Institute of Economics, Copenhagen Business School. November 2002 to August 2009.
- Honorary Professor at Hasselt University, May 30th 2017
- Honorary Visiting Researcher, China Academy of Corporate Governance, September 6th, 2013
- Editor of Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 2008 - 2010
- Guest Editor Special Issue on Family Firms, September 6th 2013
- Academic Director INSEAD Family Business Group, June 2010 to present
- Academic Director Wendel International Centre for Family Enterprise (WICFE), June 2010 to present
- Co-Derector of Hofmann Research Fond in Family Enterprise, INSEAD
- Member of CEPR
- Research Director Centre of Economic and Business REsearch (CEBR), 2005 to 2009
- Member of Centre for Industrial Economics, CIE
- Member of and Chairman of the board of Centre for Corporate Governance, at Copenhagen Business School
Fields of interest
- Ownermanaged Firms, Family Business and Corporate Governance: The governance of closely held corporations; value of top management; succession; bequest motives, performance; ownership design; the role and the organization of the corporate board; capital structures; state owned enterprises and privatization; family firms in emerging markets.