Credit studies are available to all students studying at other Danish universities. Credit studies allow you to focus on a specific subject area and earn additional ECTS to transfer to your home institution.
Application is open 3 times a year:
- Spring semester: Application deadline 1 December - Semester start 1 February
- Summer Schools: Application deadline 1 May - Study start according to courses
- Autumn semester: Application deadline 1 July - Semester start 1 September
We accept late applications until 30 January/30 August (and 1 June for summer schools). However, if you apply late you will not gain access to the intra-net on time.
You must apply within the deadline stated above. You apply online by uploading
- Online application form - find it by following step by step guide to course registration below.
- Pre-approval from your home university.
- Copy of you student-ID-if you are from outside UCPH.
PhD-students: PhD-student from all other faculties and universities than the Faculty of Social Sciences at UCPH must apply through Open University and pay tuition fee.
Register for courses - a step by step guide
Go to the online course catalogue - choose the British flag in the right corner. In order to find the courses at Economics, please fill in the form as below:
- Choose Department – Department of Economics
- Choose Language
- Choose Volume (for the academic year that you are going to register for)
- Choose Block (either Autumn or Spring )
- Press “Search”
- Economics courses all have codes starting with AØ....For instance "AØKA08087U"
Being careful in the registration process means less trouble for yourself later: If you choose the wrong courses then you must change courses later. Changing courses after semester start means missing out on the first lectures of the new course.
Be honest to yourself. Many of our master courses require a high level of mathematics and econometrics, so please read the course descriptions and the Academic qualifications section carefully and make sure you are qualified before you register.
Check your home university for an approval of the courses before you register – are you allowed to do the course at all?
A course might have both lectures and classes. If you choose more than one course, be sure to check whether classes and lectures of all courses overlap. Some courses only have lectures every second week – so be careful when you choose courses! To avoid extra work for yourself - make sure to inform us which class number you want to register for. Otherwise, the administration will assign you a random class number which might clash with your other lectures and classes.
- Go to the course description
- Check the course schedules - they are posted under Timetable in the lower right corner.
- Check the exam date - it is is posted under Exam in the course description
- Compare all your course and exam schedules before you register
The semester starts on 1 September / 1 February. If your class takes place on a Monday, then the first class starts on the first Monday of the month. The schedules are in Danish only – for a translation of the Danish terms in the grey bar, see below:
- Mandag, tirsdag, onsdag, torsdag, fredag, lørdag, søndag = week days from Monday to Sunday.
- Aktivitet = course title
- Beskrivelse = type of teaching-“L” means lecture and “Ex.class” means class
- Type = type
- Slut = end
- Uge(r) = week(s)
- Lokale = room
- Underviser = teachers
You register for economics courses by filling out an online form. Please note that you can only sign up for course codes starting with AØ...
If you want to register for courses at other departments, then you must contact the right department.