Course Requirements for Admission
As mentioned in the curriculum, admission to the 5+3 programme is based on a successfully completed Master's degree in Economics or Mathematics-Economics from the University of Copenhagen (or equivalent). It is an additional admission requirement, not automatically satisfied by these two master's degrees, that the applicant must have completed at least one relevant advanced course within each core discipline of macroeconomics, microeconomics and econometrics.
The current, specific requirement for these advanced courses is that they must train the student to master technically advanced material in macroeconomics, microeconomics and econometrics. The applicant must provide proof of courses that are at least equivalent to the following Economics courses1 in each of the three areas:
- "Advanced Macroeconomics Business Cycles".
- "Economic Growth".
- "Monetary Policy".
- The previous courses2 "Advanced Macroeconomics" and "Monetary Economics Macro Aspects".
- "Mechanism Design"
- The previos course2 "Game Theory"
- "Advanced Financial and Macro Econometrics".
- "Advanced Macroeconomics Structural Vector Autoregressive Analysis".
- "Advanced Microeconometrics".
- The previos course "Advanced Macroeconometrics"2
1. The content and term of the courses are described in the course catalogue.
2. The courses are discontinued from the course offering, but a passed course is the ever-qualifying.
Update: November 22, 2019