Department of Economics > Research and publications
Top rate economics
At the Department of Economics, our research results put us amongst the Top 10 in Europe. This is the result of the economics research that we carry out here at the Department and together with our international collaboration partners. Research from the Department of Economics is published in the most widely acclaimed international journals.
Are we humans generous by nature? Why is there inequity in income distribution? What is the link between trade and welfare? How can the authorities prevent a financial crisis? Economic research is multifaceted. Economic theory and methods are used in a broad range of the socially-related issues and constantly provide new knowledge that benefits the community and moves the international research front.
International and national public and private foundations wish to support the research done at the Department of Economics. About half of the Department's research is done with external funding.
On this page you will find:
- A list of and explanations about the overall fields of research we are engaged in
- An overview of research centres at the Department of Economics
- An overview of our active externally-funded research projects
- Access to all Department of Economics publications
- Working papers, discussion papers and teaching notes