Course registration - a guide
Go to the online course catalogue - choose the British flag in the right corner. In order to find the courses at Economics, please fill in the form as below:
- Choose Department – Department of Economics
- Choose Language
- Choose Volume (for the academic year that you are going to register for)
- Choose Block (either Autumn or Spring )
- Press “Search”
- Economics courses all have codes starting with AØ....For instance "AØKA08087U"
For exchange students: Being careful in the registration process means less trouble for yourself later: If you choose the wrong courses from the beginning then you must change courses later. Changing courses after semester start means missing out on the first lectures of the new course. Add to this all the trouble there is in changing your learning agreement.
Be honest to yourself. Many of our master courses require a high level of mathematics and econometrics, so please read the course descriptions and the Academic qualifications section carefully and make sure you are qualified before you register.
Check your home university for an approval of the courses before you register – are you allowed to do the course at all?
Choosing courses can be quite a job! Some courses have both lectures and classes and some only have lectures every second week If you choose more than one course, be sure to check for schedule overlap.
To avoid extra work for yourself - make sure to inform us which class number you want to register for. Otherwise, the administration will assign you a random class number and this might clash with your other lectures and classes.
- Go to the course description
- Check the course schedules - they are posted under Timetable in the lower right corner.
- Check the exam date - it is is posted under Exam in the course description
- Compare all your course and exam schedules before you register
The semester starts on 1 September / 1 February. If your class takes place on a Monday, then the first class starts on the first Monday of the month.
The schedules are in Danish only – for a translation of the Danish terms in the grey bar, see below:
- Mandag, tirsdag, onsdag, torsdag, fredag, lørdag, søndag = week days from Monday to Sunday.
- Aktivitet = course title
- Beskrivelse = type of teaching-“L” means lecture and “Ex.class” means class
- Type = type
- Slut = end
- Uge(r) = week(s)
- Lokale = room
- Underviser = teachers
You register for economics courses by filling out an online form. You can only sign up for course codes starting with AØ...
If you want to register for courses at other departments, please contact the right department. The contact information is posed in the course description in the right hand column.